Palmetto Women’s Health has been hard at work developing a plan of action to keep our patients, our community, and our practice safe while serving the needs of our patients considering the COVID-19 pandemic. We will remain open as of now; however, we ask you to be patient, understanding, and considerate as we implement strategies to protect all.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you are sick, have been sick, or have knowingly come in to contact with someone that is sick.
- We plan to keep our waiting room limited in use. Upon check-in, you will be immediately placed in an exam room if applicable or asked to return to your vehicle until we are ready for you, also you may call in advance when you get to the office building to see if we are immediately available to take you back. Please do not bring children with you to your appointment.
- We are limiting the number of days we see patients. We will be available for appointments on Mondays and Wednesdays until further notice. This will ensure that our staff is given the proper amount of time to disinfect our office and allow us to continue seeing patients.
- If you need to speak with someone in our office, we encourage everyone to use our patient portal. www.myhealthrecord.com. You can send our staff messages, request medication, and request to schedule an appointment through our portal. We will be checking this daily. We do ask that you please allow 48-72 hours for prescription refills.
- We will attempt to handle non-emergent case via telephone/telemedicine when possible.
- We will be hyper-vigilant in disinfecting everything that will be touched by others
We will continue to operate with an abundance of caution to keep each other safe. We are grateful to live and work in this community and we value each patient we are honored to serve.
Palmetto Women’s Health Staff